BLOGGER TEMPLATES Funny Pictures

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Motel Hell on boo-ray from Arrow Video

Motel Hell is a movie my dad told me about after spending a night in front of the tube after having trouble sleeping.  It sounded like a fevered dream to me, and years later I was able to experience it for myself by renting it on VHS.  It reminded me of an old EC comic or CREEPY rag, which wins big bloody points with your crusty cryptkeeper pal.  I have yet to review it, but consider it on the to-do list for lucky 2013.  Check out the re-release art and special features for this beast from Arrow Video.  I loves me some Arrow Video, all their other boo-ray treatments have been pretty phenomenal, and I bet this one is no different.

SPECIAL FEATURES:


• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film

• Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

• Audio commentary with director Kevin Connor moderated by Calum Waddell

• Another Head on the Chopping Block: Interview with star Paul Linke

• From Glamour to Gore: Interview with co-star, and former Playboy Playmate, Rosanne Katon

• Ida, Be Thy Name: A look back at Motel Hell s frightful female protagonist Ida Smith and the secrets of creating a convincing slasher siren, with Scream Queens Elissa Dowling and Chantelle Albers, genre commentator Staci Layne Wilson and critic Shelagh Rowan-Legg

• Back to the Backwoods: Director Dave Parker (The Hills Run Red) speaks about the importance of Motel Hell

• Original Trailer

• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeff Zornow

• Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Newman, illustrated with original archive stills and posters


 

0 comments: